Time is a Thief
I
beg you, look around yourself, take careful note of the lives and love
GOD has surrounded and supported you with, and sincerely give thanks.
I just watched my daughter's graduation, and have to wonder just who
this funny, charming, quick-silvery and beautiful person is. Do you know
her? It seems she should be about 18 months old, as I understand time,
yet, in truth, Natasha, is closing in on 18 years old. I cannot even begin to describe how proud I am of her! But, now, she's grown...
Today, I congratulate her, and all of you new grads, on the achievement
you celebrate in this season. I've been allowed into the lives of a
couple hundred of you, and you are all treasures in your own right;
anyone who says otherwise is a misinformed fool.
I've also been given perspective from lives around me. My dad reminded
me that it seems only 15 days ago that we celebrated my own graduation.
My friend, Geferson Fraga,
guards and prays over his son, Junior, as he recovers in a Brazilian
hospital. He became my Brazilian brother 10 years ago! My Danish
could-have-been daughter, Tenna Lindberg Orgaard,
rejoices with her husband and their daughter, and remembers with me a
little of the time when she, herself, was Natasha's age, and living in
Norwalk. It's been a very good day!
GOD has richly and fully
blessed me, and these are just some of the names I can give you. Tenna,
Geferson, all of you, PLEASE!!! Pay close attention to your blessed
children. Love them, help them, encourage, strengthen, and uplift them.
Correct them when they need it, and don't forget to praise them as they
grow. Make absolutely sure that they know you love them! One day, your
children, too, will be grown, and you will know how I feel today. Time
is a thief, and she steals from us all.
I love you, Punk!
No comments:
Post a Comment